Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 12, 2011

Downy UNSTOPABLES

Over the summer I saw some samples of Downy Unstopables attached to the laundry detergent that I buy. I didn’t think much of it at first but figured I would give them a try....


I emptied the packet of waxy pellets into my laundry machine and proceeded to wash and dry my clothes as normal. I could tell right away that my clothes had that really fresh-out-of-the-dryer smell and were soft(er than normal). Ok, so far so good…. Did I mention that laundry happens to be my least favorite household chore?? ... 

…A couple days later I could still smell the freshness of my clothes each time I went into the closet or opened a dresser drawer. Ok, I’m kind of impressed now.

…A week later my clothes still smelled freshly washed. Even my running/work-out jacket smelled as if it had just come out of the dryer.  Now I’m definitely impressed!

At this point I had run out of my sample packets and decided that I needed to buy some more of this stuff ASAP, and have used it in every load of laundry since then.



The only con is that they are relatively expensive, in my opinion. (They average $8 per container and I typically get about 15 loads out of it.) However, considering the fact that the freshness lasts as long as it does, I find myself not having to wash blankets and other non-clothes items as often, which saves on detergent and softener. We have 2 small dogs who like to cuddle in the couch blankets with us, and I have noticed that washing the blankets with Unstopables keeps them smelling fresh and not “doggy” for over a week! This is definitely a plus!

Purex also makes “Purex Crystals” which is a very similar concept to the Unstopables and is less expensive. I gave these a try hoping that they would be just as awesome and could save a little money but, unfortunately I wasn’t as impressed with the longevity of freshness. Purex uses “crystal” granules as opposed to the Unstopables’ waxy pellets – which I think may be how the freshness clings to clothes longer.  

If you’re not willing to fork over the $8 to try it, I recommend searching online for a free sample packet!

Check out their website for more info on Unstopables

1 comment:

Itzel said...

a couple months ago, the procter and gamble insert had a $2 off of any downy thing, plus a $2 off of the same Target coupon, so i stacked them when they were on sale. still not a great price, but i was so impressed that i bought 2.

Post a Comment